Events and Trainings
Advanced U Visa Training - Denver, CO
This highly interactive training will address advanced and emerging issues related to U visas, including the possible impact of a new Administration and Congress. Participants and panelists will strategize on answers to complex scenarios that may arise in U visa cases, including framing qualifying crimes, complex inadmissibility, waitlist, consular processing, parole, adjustment issues, and preventing the removal of survivors awaiting relief. It will include special sessions on comparing and contrasting humanitarian relief options and on using the recent Colorado law to encourage law enforcement certifications. This training assumes knowledge of VAWA and U visa applications and adjustment of status and is intended for those with experience working on these cases.
Some sample panels include:
- Emerging issues in Enforcement and Detention
- Hot Topics-Inadmissibility, Consular Processing, Reinstatement & Voluntary Departure
- Intersections with Other Forms of Survivors-Based Relief
- Challenging Certification Issues
6.00 hours of Colorado MCLE approval pending approval by the State Bar of Colorado.
A full co-sponsor list, agenda, and speaker list will be sent to registrants.
- $200.00 - Non-Profit/BIA Accredited Representatives/Legal Assistants (Includes ASISTA members who are non profits)
- $250.00 - ASISTA and NIPNLG Members
- $300.00 - Private Attorneys
- DOJ OVW grantees may ask their grant managers if they can use their training funds to attend, but this training is NOT funded by OVW. If you are an OVW-funded organization and have questions about how your staff can attend this training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here at this link: https://asista.z2systems.com/np/clients/asista/event.jsp?event=9&
Not a member? JOIN NOW!